No Products in the Cart
DISCLAIMER: Be very gentle when working with curly hair extensions as they can tangle easily with bad handling and lack of patience. Always wash the hair in the same direction (going downwards) and use ONLY sulfate-free hair products suitable for natural hair or the recommended products highlighted in bold throughout this manual.
IMPORTANT STEPS TO TAKE BEFORE INSTALLING THE HAIR:
1. APPLY CONDITIONER- First, wet the hair then apply Tresemme salon silk conditioner
2. DETANGLE HAIR (from end to root) in small sections with a Denman brush, wide-tooth comb or fingers while hair is WET. Use fingers for Kinky Coarse texture.
3. RINSE out product with lukewarm water and squeeze excess water out
4. APPLY PRODUCT using Argan oil while the hair is damp
5. HANG HAIR TO NATURALLY DRY
WASH AND STYLE ROUTINE:
*This wash routine should be repeated once a week for daily hair users, for less frequent wearers, please use this routine as often as appropriate. ONLY use
sulfate-free/organic products on all our hair extensions. Product recommendations are mentioned below; however other products may work equally as well.
1. SHAMPOO THE HAIR AND RINSE using EITHER Tresemme Salon silk shampoo, Argan Oil of Morocco shampoo OR any Shea moisture shampoo
2. APPLY CONDITIONER AND RINSE using EITHER Tresemme salon silk conditioner, Argan Oil of Morocco Conditioner OR any shea moisture conditioner
3. (If necessary) APPLY DEEP CONDITIONER- A deep conditioner should be used once a month. Use any shea moisture deep/masque conditioner OR Argan Oil of Morocco intense moisturising treatment. Leave product in the hair from 5 mins to overnight depending on the state of the hair then rinse with lukewarm water.
4. DETANGLE HAIR (from end to root) in small sections with a Denman brush, wide-tooth comb or fingers while hair is WET. Use fingers for Kinky Coarse texture.
5. SQUEEZE OUT EXCESS WATER from the hair; ensuring the hair is damp
6. APPLY PRODUCT
Kinky Curls & Brazilian Curly:
For definition: Apply a curl defining product such as any Eco styler gel or Keracare protein styling gel then twist the hair around your fingers in small sections.
For the natural curl pattern: Apply EITHER Cantu Twist and Lock Gel OR any Shea Moisture leave-in conditioner followed by Argan oil (if necessary)
For definition: Apply Any Eco styler gel or Cantu Moisturising Curl Activator Cream then twist the hair around your fingers in small sections.
For the natural curl pattern: use Cantu moisturising curl activator cream and/or Argan oil
For straightening the hair: First, use any Tresemme heat protectant then apply John Frieda frizz ease OR chi silk infusion reconstructing complex then straighten the hair. When straightening, always use the chase method (use a thin tooth comb followed by straightener) with ONE pass to avoid heat damage.
For its natural texture: Apply Argan oil or coconut oil.
BEDTIME TO MORNING ROUTINE: Ideally, clip-ins should not be slept in overnight but if you must, please ensure you braid/ twist your hair into manageable sections. Then use a silk/satin bonnet or pillowcase to keep your hair intact overnight. This goes the same for weaves (wefts) installed.
DAILY STYLING/REFRESHING: Fill a spray bottle with water, leave-in conditioner and an oil-based product. Spray as desired to revitalise hair.
IS YOUR HAIR LACKING MOISTURE?
1. Fill up a bowl with warm water and sulphate-free shampoo
2. Place the hair inside whilst detangling with a wide-tooth comb or with your fingers
3. Empty the bowl and squeeze out excess water from the hair.
4. Apply a colour masque treatment like Cantu Anti-Fade Color Protecting Moisture Masque and let it sit for 1-2 hours or for extra softness leave overnight in a clear plastic bag (don’t close the bag, let air in)
5. Rinse hair with lukewarm water
6. Apply the LCO (liquid, cream, oil) method. The liquid should be water. Cream, Shea Moisture African Black Soap Balancing Conditioner and the oil should be Argan oil or jojoba oil.
COLOURING OUR HAIR EXTENSIONS:
All of our hair extensions can be coloured using hair dye and/or bleach, however, we recommend only doing this with professional help. Improper care can cause the hair to weaken and change its curl pattern. Please do not attempt to colour if you're inexperienced. Please note, too much manipulation from its original state can cause severe damage to the hair. Use ONLY reputable brands such as Maxima and Wella to colour the hair.
Length checks for Kinky Coarse:
|Actual Length In
Length checks for Kinky Curls:
|Actual Length In
Length checks for Brazilian Curly:
|Actual Length In